Friday, October 9, 2009

Change of plans

This roller coaster ride is crazy! Yesterday I was told we were starting round two-today is a different story. I'm actually coming home!! The Doctors were baffled as to why my white counts were still leukemic. It's not normal after phase 1 chemo. After digging deeper they found I am still in a down trend in my chemo regimen and my counts are still dropping. So, what that means is the bad cells are still going away rapidly and my recent bone marrow biopsy was a little premature. (and I hate those things) I will get yet another biopsy next week that will be a better (more timely) test of what's going on. I am excited to get out of the hospital and be home with my family! I will have to be very careful being around people. Especially now during the flu season. Masks and Anti-bacterial hand wash is a must. But I can live with that. Thank you for the love, prayers and support! Miracles happen!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea!!! wonderful news you will be home with your angels, Kelly and Garrett.

take care,

The Capps Family
TKG

Anonymous said...

Todd,
Sandra, Peyton, and I (and the twins soon to come if you heard :) are thrilled to hear you are going home for a while! We are praying for you all of the time and we are blown away by your positive attitude! Stay strong!
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Todd,
We are so happy that you are going back home. Miracles happen and the possitive attitude is the best medicine. You are in our prayers.
The Garcia Family

KERLER FAMILY! said...

Todd,

We are happy to hear that everything is going in a positive direction! You were always able to hold a positive attitude through rough practices, and we know you can get through this! Although it has been YEARS since we have spoken, we are always here and will continue to keep in touch!

-THE KERLER FAMILY
kristen, kelly, and allison
(just in case you forget :), but for some reason you always seem to remember our names!)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you are coming home, I can see you taking off in the wheelchair as fast as you can to get out of the hospital home to your loving family. The Ruoff family prays for you all the time, and know that you will be rockin back soon. Enjoy your special time at home with your family! Prayers really do help!!

Lisa McMains said...

Todd - miracles happen every day and I know YOU are one of them ...
so glad you are home ..... praying and thinking of you

Love, Lisa, Curt and Rachel

Jakobi Family said...

Todd,

The Jakobi Family saw your videos on You Tube. We agree, the new cue ball look is a good one for you! You are such an amazing person and both you and Kelly are handling this challenge with such grace. We are not part of the NorthPark/RipTide community, but we feel like we are becoming "guest" members. We are definitely pulling for you all the way.

Oliver and Lucas are more dedicated than ever to their music, but they really miss you. Not a day goes by where they don't mention you. They check your blog everyday, and I am always finding the latest pictures of you sitting on our printer waiting to be picked up by one of them.

We are looking forward to all of the events that have been organized. Hopefully, 10-Fold will make you proud.

With love,

The Jakobi Family - Bill, Karen, Oliver & Lucas