Thursday, October 1, 2009

14 days and counting...

The first two weeks have had its ups and downs. When I am on chemo I feel run down and sick, but when I am not...I feel fantastic. My appetite and taste buds have come back and all in all I am feeling pretty normal. Monday I will get my second bone marrow biopsy to see how my cancer cell growth is slowing. As for now, I am in a neutropenic precautionary status...which means no fresh fruit, veggies or raw foods due to bacteria. Because of my low immune system I am very susceptible to disease and infection.

I love the contact with everyone via email, twitter and comments on this blog site. You help keep my spirits up and remind me of what is most important in life...friends and family. A HUGE shout out to all my kids! Keep Rockin', swimmin', and just being the great kids that you are!

Love you all,
Todd

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fresh fruit or veggies? Perhaps a bag of Doritos and some Guinness might be in order! Keep up your positive spirit & know that we are pulling for you along this journey :) xoxoxo to you, K & G! Linda

Mercedes Kerr said...

Todd:

Sending you positive vibes over the net (can you sense them?) Your energy is inspiring! I'm glad you feel better today.

So many people signed up to help in October we're actually out of tasks to assign on the Todd and Kelly's Helpers website!!! We'll add some more for November soon.

Your diet plan sounds like an excuse to eat junk food to me! Say the word and we'll deliver the Taco Bell ("hold the lettuce!")

I'm looking for a fun game website where we can "meet" to play against each other remotely (sort of like Sam and Daniela play Webkins or Club Penguin with friends... They meet on-line!) Any ideas?

Love ya! Mercedes

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - if you hadn't told me I wouldn't think anything was going on. Anyway, keep the creative juices flowing they will heal you. Make sure you are watching lots of comedies, I know a women who swears she was healed through laughter. It does work.

Hugs and love
Peter, Nancy & Alexa

Pini said...

Oh Todd! How I love you and your little family. You are an inspiration! Hang in there, you can do this! If anyone can, it's you! I miss you bro.
Your little sis,
Tj

Anonymous said...

Todd, what a GOREOUS family you have!! Garrett is such a happy baby! I thank God you have them to pull you through this and all the love and prayers from the rest of us!

Christine Lissoy said...

We think you look GREAT!

Amy Connelly said...

Hey Todd!

This site is amazing, thank you for sharing it with us. You are in our thoughts constantly! Every night, Dean and Brendan pray for you. We wish you strength (which we know you have)and the support of family. You are an amazing person and have touched our family! Rock that leukemia!

All our love,
The Connelly Family
Amy, Dave, Dean, Brendan and Nolan!

Anonymous said...

tooddd! i hope you feel and get better and I cant wait to participate in the relay for youu! Your an amazing coach and a great guy and stay stronngg :)


-Jiana :)