Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This time of the year especially, we are reminded to voice what we're thankful for. My heart is so full of thanks that I just have to blog it to all of you.
I am most thankful for my amazing wife Kelly. We are, without a doubt, going through this together. She is dealing with all of this so well and I cherish our relationship and admire her abilities to hold our world together. Then there's our darling son Garrett. My life changed when he came along. He's turning one next week and already walks, plays the air guitar and dances every time he hears music. What a rock star!
Family is the most important thing in the world to me. I have been so fortunate to have my family around me every step of the way. My parents have made countless trips from Phoenix to be by my bedside, fundraisers and events.
My sister Tiffany has done so much including setting up this blog and fielding every email, call that comes through it. Not to mention traveling to attend and help manage the events. Tiff, you rock!
My sister TJ who's been on bed rest with her second child who has called or emailed me just about everyday with love and support. She also handmade all those cool orange purse and cell phone charms and jewelry that so many of you now own.
I am so lucky to have the best in laws in the world too. My Mom in law has been so helpful with Garrett and my home care by pushing water on me, making me meals and taking my temp. Patty, thank you so much for your love and help!
Hillary, Kelly's sister is living with us and is so helpful with Garrett. I appreciate her so much and can't thank her enough for all she does for us.
I am thankful for all my friends who are so involved with helping us with fundraisers, meals, love and prayers. Kelly and I are so grateful for all the people doing so many wonderful things for us on a daily basis.
I must tell every one of the kids that I have coached or taught over the years how much I miss you. You are the reason I do what I do. I love working with kids and I really miss being a part of their lives as I go through this. It's gonna be a while still, but I will be back and we will pick up where we left off!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comments:

Pini said...

You never cease to amaze me Todd! You are so positive...you always have been Mr. Sunshine! I love you and am thankful for YOU! Can't wait to hug you and spend time with you and your sweet family at Christmas! --Thinking of you and rooting for you always, your sis!