Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting closer to transplant-City of Hope

Kelly and I visited City of Hope last week and met the team that will be helping me through transplant. We were so impressed with the staff and facility. I will be in good hands for sure. The plan is...one more round of chemo at Hoag this month then off to COH for one last round of chemo and a dose of full body radiation. At that point I will be ready for transplant. Of course we have to find a donor match but the doctors are hopeful we will find it on the registry. The search is going on right now so get on the registry! I will be at COH for about 4 months while being closely monitored. They tell me it will be about a year after transplant and I will be able to start working again and get on with my life. Yeah!

1 comments:

ag said...

big fat hug to you, brother and another for your girl and a wee one for your boy..

thinking of you,

gmez