Monday, February 1, 2010

I have a transplant donor!

Kelly and I visited City of Hope on Thursday and my Doctor told us they have found a great donor for me. We are so excited!! The transplant process will start in mid February. While at C of H I will undergo more chemo and full body radiation right before the transplant.
I will be in the Hospital for about a month and then closely monitored on a daily basis for another 3-4 months. We will be transplanting the whole family to the Pasadena area for that time. They said it would be about a year after transplant when I can start teaching again. It takes that long for my immune system to fully recover.
We know that we are so blessed to be at this point. Thank you so much for all the prayers! We couldn't be doing this without all the help everyone has given us.
I want to thank all the kids for all the letters, home-made cards, emails, facebook wishes and tweets. They all brighten my day like you wont believe! I miss you all and I miss teaching you so much. Thank you everyone!!

Don't miss the upcoming concert at House of Blues February 1st. It's gonna be rockin'!!

2 comments:

Annie Green said...

YAY! That's great news!! Hope to see you at the benefit.

--Annie

Trisha Graves said...

So thrilled for the great answer to prayer! That's awesome news and we will be cheering you on from irvine!