Friday, January 15, 2010

It's been so long

Yes, it's me, Todd, finally blogging once again. Sorry it's been so long but December was a cruddy month to say the least. So...Here's the latest...


I got my 4th bone marrow biopsy this past Monday the 11th and the preliminary results are back showing no leukemic activity! I'm in remission!! The next step is a bone marrow transplant at City of Hope. They are working on finding a match for me. They have located 3 domestic and one international close matches. Not perfect, but close. The Doctors are trying to figure out if any of them can be used for a successful transplant. They also have cord blood for me if I need that. Kelly and I are going to City of Hope next Thursday the 21st to meet with the transplant team and plan what comes next. Either the team will have a donor for me and we move to Pasadena for four months during transplant or I hit Hoag again for another round of chemo to stay in remission until they find a donor match. We are hoping to get the show on the road here.....but we'll know more on the 21st. Thank you for everything you are doing to help me and my family through this rough time. We could not do this without all your prayers and help. Thank you!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such good news--the remission part, that is. We'll be praying for an exact match so there is no guess work as to what the next step is.
--Connor Cade Maggie McGuire & their parents

Pini said...

Nothing makes me happier than knowing you are really in remission! Come on City of Hope, find that match! You'll beat this Todd...I know it! Love you brother.

Photochyck Photography said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're in remission! My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family. I hope that you can get the transplant soon. Thank you for keeping us all updated. :]

The Luisi Famiy said...

So glad to hear the good news. I have been following for a while and I am looking forward to your return to the Grove of Anaheim with Bill Sanderson and Golden State Foods/Good News for Kids later in the year. Keep Rockin!

Cassidy said...

So good to hear from you Todd. I think about you and Kelly often. You are in my prayers.

Jared, Bella, Kathy & Ed Machado said...

Remission!!! What great news. We miss you and pray that you will find a match ASAP!

The Maxsons said...

Hey Todd, Remember me? My maiden name is Brinkerhoff... Been keeping updated on you... People beat this stuff. My brother Travis is a walking miracle, different circumstances of course, his leukemia was when he was a kid... but still. Your wife and boy are beautiful, and we're pulling for ya! Hang in there.
Linsey